Alarm national performance model for risk management in public services: what does good risk management look like?
Alarm's comprehensive national performance model:
- Measures current performance against a recognised achievement level.
- Provides the basis for clear performance indicators.
- Acts as a catalyst for improved performance within the organisation.
- Informs assurance in corporate governance terms.
- Demonstrates current maturity in terms of
- External inspection expectations
- National and international standards.
- Allows for comparison with other organisations and learning from best practice through systematic benchmarking.
Organisations can use the national performance model assessment framework to undertake quick “health checks” of their organisation by using the indicators within the summary of progress to come to a conclusion of their current risk management maturity level.